Results from the survey "Let's ban school parliaments" - FLHS "Yordan Radichkov" Vidin

Thank you to everyone who did the survey and participated in our research! Now we can give you the results so we could work together towards improving them when it’s time for our next survey, which will be done at the end of the school year in order to compare them and assess the benefits of our activities. The results will be presented to you in the forms of an analysis and graphic tables.

Up until today (March 30th, 2020) the survey has been done by 145 people.

1. 87% of them think that the student parliament is beneficial to the school life, while 13% think the opposite.

2. 90% of them can correctly identify the purpose of the student parliament.

3. According to 90% the student parliament’s activities are planned in accordance with the students’ interests, while the other 10% don’t think so.

4. When asked if they participate in the parliament’s activities, 63% said they do and 37% said they don’t.

5. 64% state that they get enough information about the parliament’s activities and the other 36% say they don’t

6. When it comes to ideas about how the parliament should advertise its activities in order for them to be popular among the students, 65% propose social media, 30% - setting up an information corner in the school and the remaining 5% propose using both ideas.

7. 95% of the participants think that students should be given more freedom and rights when it comes to the school life and the remaining 5% think the opposite.

The biggest inconsistencies we face are in the answers of the 4th and 5th question. One solution to the problem we face in the 4th question we propose substantial increase in advertising the parliament’s activities since a lot of students participate in them without knowing that the parliament organizes them. One of our parliament members proposed placing the parliament’s logo when organizing activities like bake sales, concerts, exhibitions, etc. Another parliament member has since taken the responsibility to create a logo for our parliament. This leads us to the problem in question 5. In order to combat it we are thinking of using more creative ways of advertising our activities – announcing them on social media and our school’s website, as well as setting up an information corner in our school (whenever that’s possible given the situation) where we will put up posters and important messages, and we will also give out leaflets to students.

We will do this survey once again at the end of the school year to see if the measures we are going to take have worked positively for our parliament.

 

  • Total Visitors: 233776