Regional Directorate for Social Assistance – Veliko Tarnovo
Children, persons and families in need of social assistance and social services on the territory of the district
Social Assistance Directorates, municipalities and legal entities in the area.
The functions of the Regional Directorates for Social Assistance include:
- Coordination, control and provision of methodological assistance to the Directorates "Social Assistance";
- Studying the needs of the population in the field of social assistance and social services, coordinating the activities for planning and development of the social services at the district level, including preparation of opinions and making proposals to the Social Assistance Agency for the detection, change of the species and / or capacity and closure of social services delegated by state activities;
- Performing inspections, analyzing and responding to received proposals, complaints, signals and applications;
- Controlling the implementation of child protection measures;
- Cooperation with the regional and municipal administration and with non-governmental organizations in the implementation of the policy in the field of social protection, child protection and social inclusion of the risk groups in the area;
- Admission of citizens and consultations to individuals and legal entities on issues of social assistance, child protection and rights of people with disabilities;
- Maintain and update a database at district level;
- Keeping registers of the children that can be adopted for adoptive and foster families;
- Organizing the activities of the foster care commissions, etc.