“St. Nicodim” Foster Care Center - Drobeta-Turnu Severin
Beneficiaries are: children permanently or temporarily separated from their parents as a result of the foster care measure.
The Center functions as a residential-type service, without legal personality, under the subordination of the General Directorate for Social Assistance and Child Protection Mehedinti.
- The center operates in a building with ground floor, one floor and an attic. Beneficiaries are accommodated in 4 modules: 2 modules are located on the ground floor and two on the first floor (each module consists of two rooms, a hall and a bathroom). The center also has: a grocery store, a guest room, a dining room, a laundry room. The attic has a library space and a multifunctional hall where various activities can be held.
- Services provided:
- accommodation for a specified period, until the termination of the foster care measure;
- personal care - providea basic care: food, sleep, clothing, hygiene, etc .;
- medical care provided by nurse;
- development of independent living skills;
- psychological counseling;
- emotional support;
- providing a secure environment;
- legal counseling;
- maintenance of the relationships with the extended family and other important people for the child;
- family and community reintegration;
- socialization and cultural activities;
- provision of a system for receiving, recording, solving complaints and reclamations about the services provided;
- permanent collaboration with professionals, local government authorities and other services for the child and family in the community;
- elaboration of the individualized protection plan for each child and its revision through the multidisciplinary team.