The Multifunctional Center for Young Persons in Difficulty - Drobeta - Turnu Severin
The beneficiaries of the social services provided in the "Multifunctional Center for Young Persons in Difficulty" are:
- young people permanently or temporarily separated from their parents as a result of the establishmentof the foster care measure, with full exercise capacity and who have acquired independent living skills;
- young people who have benefited from the foster care measure and do not have a family to provide them living space.
The Multifunctional Center for Young Persons in Difficulty operates as a residential service, without legal personality, under the subordination of the General Department of Social Assistance and Child Protection Mehedinti, since 2003, within a block of studios, located on 6 A Topolnitei Street in Dr .Tr.Severin.
- The center includes a no. of 44 studios, available for young persons in difficulty between 18 and 26 years old who have benefited from a special protection measure until entering this center and who continue their studies in a full-time type of educationor do not continue their studies and do not have the opportunity to return to their own family, being confronted with the risk of social exclusion.
- The studios contain elements of a family home (multifunctional room, bathroom, kitchen, terrace, closet) and are equipped with diversified furniture (2 beds, desk / table, shelf, chairs, refrigerator, stove), radio cassette, aspirator, iron).
- Each young beneficiary can decorate their living space in a personalized manner.
Apart from the number of 44 studios, the center also includes:
- 2 study and lecture rooms;
- a table tennis room;
- an individual counseling room;
- a nursing practice;
- a social assistance practice;
- a coordination and monitoring practice;
- a grouproom;
- a chapel.
The services offered to the beneficiaries within this center are:
- providing material support (housing endowment);
- providing financial support (food allowance, pupil rights - for beneficiaries with foster care measure);