Residential Center for the Child Separated from Parents - Drobeta Turnu Severin
Beneficiaries of the social services provided in the "Residential Center for the child separated from parents " are: children permanently or temporarily separated from their parents as a result of the foster care measure, from 3 to 18 years old.
The residential center for the child separated from parents works as a residential service without legal personality, which is subordinated to the General Department of Social Assistance and Child Protection Mehedinti and consists of 8 apartments located in different locations in the municipality of Drobeta Turnu Severin, each of them having its own operating license.
- One apartment has a maximum of 6 children. These apartments comprise the elements of a family home: three bedrooms, a living room, a kitchen, two bathrooms, a closet, halls, terraces.
- The apartments are equipped with diversified furniture and appliances and electronics, all of which are suitable for the beneficiaries of the service.
- accommodation for a specified period, until the termination of the foster care measure;
- personal care - providea basic care: food, sleep, clothing, hygiene, etc .;
- medical care provided by nurse;
- development of independent living skills;
- psychological counseling;
- emotional support;
- providing a secure environment;
- legal counseling;
- Maintenance of the relationships with the extended family and other important people for the child;
- family and community reintegration;
- socialization and cultural activities;
- provision of a system for receiving, recording, solving complaints and reclamations about the services provided;
- permanent collaboration with professionals, local government authorities and other services for the child and family in the community;
- elaboration of the individualized protection plan for each child and its revision through the multidisciplinary team.