Social Assistance Directorate - Byala
Children, persons and families in need of social assistance and social services on the territory of the served municipalities. Municipal administrations and legal entities in the same territory.
The functions of the Social Assistance Directorates include:
- the overall activity of identifying (including by searching) those in need, accepting documents, on-the-spot checks and collecting information, granting, paying and terminating various types of social assistance;
- activities on social rehabilitation and integration of people with disabilities;
- implementation of the current practical work on child protection in the respective municipalities, including temporary placement of children in families of relatives and relatives, in foster families and in specialized institutions;
- to study the needs of the population from social services and to coordinate the activities for planning and development of social services in the respective municipalities, including through proposals to the Regional Social Assistance Directorate for opening, changing the type and / or capacity and closure of social services delegated by state activities;
- performing specific social work aimed at supporting the risk groups in order to socially integrate them in the community, taking out and accommodating in specialized institutions, targeting community social services and reintegration;
- conducting inspections, analyzing and preparing responses to received proposals, complaints, signals and applications related to social assistance and child protection;
- assistance and cooperation with municipal administrations, legal entities and citizens in need regarding social assistance and provision of social services, child protection and the rights of people with disabilities;
- carrying out social studies and providing information to the competent state authorities on cases with an international element of children at risk.