Foster care - Silistra
The main target groups of the foster care social service are:
• Children who are victims of violence and abuse;
• Children to be adopted;
• Children placed in specialized institutions;
• Newborn babies unable to be raised by their parents;
Priority groups of children for foster families:
• Children up to 3 years of age;
• Disabled children;
• Children, victims of violence and trafficking;
• Children, unaccompanied refugees;
• Children who have been subjected to a Police Protection measure after the expiration of their term;
• Children under substitute foster care;
• Children with behavioral problems.
The foster care as a social service on the territory of Silistra municipality is developing since 2010, when the first application was made in the CPD in the CPD - Silistra from the candidate-foster parent. In January 2011, the first child was placed in a foster family.
In 2011, the project "I Have a Family", run by the ASA, was launched to support the development of foster care. Silistra Municipality is a partner of the Agency and, as a provider of Foster Care, provides the service from May 2012 until December 2015. Since January 2016, Silistra has been providing the social service "Foster Care" as a partner of the ASA under the "Accept 2015" project.