Mission or main objective/purpose :
Sf. Nicolae Day-Care Center for Children is a child protection service whose mission is to prevent child separation from his/her family, abandonment and institutionalization of children by providing daytime activities of care, education, recreation - socialization, counseling, independent life skills development for children as well as support activities and counseling for parents.
The general objectives of "Sfantul Nicolae" Day-Care Center for Children are the following:
- initiation of an alternative for children at social risk to ensure support and counseling for the families of beneficiary children in order to overcome the social impediment;
- prevention of abandonment by increasing the quality of life of children in difficulty;
- reduction of the risk of social exclusion for children from socially marginalized families and stimulation of the development of their personality;
- development of parenting skills and individual social integration capabilities in the community, for parents with low-income or without an income.
- provision of educational services, social integration, recreation, socialization, counseling, school and professional orientation in order to prevent the discriminatory phenomenon to which the child in difficulty is subject;
- raising awareness within the society in respect of the problem of the child in difficulty.