Foster Care Center for Children with Disabilities - Drobeta - Turnu Severin
The beneficiaries of the service are children with disabilities, temporarily or permanently separated from their parents,as a result of the establishment, according to conditions provided by the law, of the foster care measure.
The center offers the following services:
- accommodation, food and care for children with disabilities;
- nursing and care;
- an educational program appropriate to the age, needs, development potential, type and degree of disability, and the child's particularities;
- ensure child safety;
- informal and non-formal education of children with disabilities in order to assimilate knowledge and independent living skills;
- a climate favorable to the development of the personality of children with disabilities;
- Provides for children with disabilities, opportunities for leisure time, recreation and socialization that contribute to their cognitive, social and emotional physical development;
- Complex recovery programs adapted to the individual needs of the child.
- contributes to the achievement of the objectives of the Personalized Intervention Program.
- The center operates within a building with a ground floor and one floor. It is organized on 4 modules, two modules are on the ground floor and 2 modules are upstairs. Each module consists of 3 bedrooms with 4 places and a living room. Also on each floor there is a dining room where children on one floor serve meals. The center has administrative areas: offices, a grocery store, laundry, etc.