Day-care Center for Counseling and Support for Parents and Children - Drobeta - Turnu Severin
THE GENERAL DIRECTORATE OF SOCIAL ASSISTANCE AND CHILD PROTECTION MEHEDINTI
Type of structure :Postal code: 220064 ::: Drobeta-Turnu Severin ::: District: Mehedinti
Social service provided in the community
Street, No.:Phone: 0252321710 ::: Fax:
Bld. Spl. Mihai Viteazu, nr. 4-6
Mobile phone:Е-поща: Bogorodita_laurentiu@yahoo.com ::: Web-site :
Mission or main objective/purpose :
Type of social service: Day-care centers (centers without accommodation) Other information concerning the social service: The mission of the Day Care Center for Counseling and Support for Parents and Children is as follows: "Supports and assists parents to cope with psychosocial difficulties as family relationships, to develop parenting skills, to prevent child separation from his / her family and to support children when problems in their development appear ". The purpose of the social service "Day Care Center for Counseling and Support for Parents and Children" is to support and assist parents / potential parents to face the psychosocial difficulties–which affect family relationships, for the development of parenting skills in order to prevent child separation from his or her family and to support children when problems arise in their development.
Target group/s or clients :
- Extensive parents / families / substitutive families who:
- 1) require skills / abilities for childcare adapted to new psycho-pedagogical principles in the field
- 2) live in disadvantaged environments, where models of care and growth of children who do not fit or contradict the generally accepted modelsin community are practiced.
- 3) finds existence / occurrence of problems at the family level that affects the normal / harmonious development of the child or favors the manifestation of some behaviors of the children that endanger their family, social, school, and professional integration;
- Future parents who want to be formed before the birth or adoption of children.
- Children with developmental problems and / or difficulties of integration in family,school or in the community where they live.
- advises parents to overcome difficulties (divorce, job loss, intrafamilial conflicts, chronic illness, the death of one of the spouses, etc.) that endangers the development of children or generates risks of separation of children from the family environment;
- informs parents to cover the needs of children; strengthening parenting skills and knowledge regarding the support and education of the child;
- supports and counsels children with difficulties concerning the development and / or integration into family, school, socio-professional groups;
- informs the beneficiaries / potential beneficiaries, public authorities and the general public about their field of activity, by ensuring the following activities:
- 1. information campaigns by posters, advertisments, flyers;
- 2. activities to promote the services of the center within media (television, local radio, publications);
- 3. meetings with specialists, with other members of the local community, with the purpose of informing them and raising their awareness regarding the respect of the rights of children;
- 4. elaboration of activity reports.