Center for Social Support - Veliko Tarnovo
The beneficiaries of the services are children and families at risk from the community on the territory of the Municipality of Veliko Tarnovo / children, victims of physical and emotional harassment and their families; children at risk of dropping out or dropping out of school; children with behavioral problems and their families; community families seeking counseling and support in raising and educating their children; families where there is a risk of leaving their children in a specialized institution /; children and young people placed in specialized institutions for children; Candidates for foster families; approved foster families with accommodated children; prospective adoptive parents and adoptive parents in the post-adoption period.
1. Psychological counseling and support of children for:
• restoring and improving relationships with the family;
• development of life skills;
• tackling aggression, difficult behavior, improving peer relationships;
2. Providing pedagogical support to children who have difficulties at school;
3. Information, counseling and family support for:
• solving issues related to improving living conditions.
• raising childcare skills, providing a safe and secure environment for the child, preventing the risk of violence.
• directing the family to use other services necessary for the child.
4. Training of applicants for foster families and support of approved children with foster care.
5. Adoption services - training of prospective adoptive parents and support for children and families after adoption.
6. Mobile social work - active search and support of children and families from high-risk communities - women at risk, pregnant children, children and families in a situation of social exclusion.